The 21-Day SkinTē Wellness Challenge
Dr. Amy here. Ready to feel the glow? Congratulations on committing to your well-being! We can’t wait to hear how amazing you feel. Here’s the plan:
The challenge starts with SkinTē, of course. We recommend you drink at least one a day, maybe two. It’ll help you hydrate and get your collagen. (We recommend at least six 4-packs.) You’ll also want to follow these guidelines to get the full effects:
Radiance Requires (the Right) Nourishment
Eating the right foods is absolutely essential. Stock up and fill up on foods known to enhance health and provide nutrients that make you glow. Avoid foods that can create inflammation, bloat, and are stressors to the body. For instance, sugar is a major culprit: it’s inflammatory and leads to collagen damage in our skin, contributing to wrinkles! Here are some foods to enjoy, and some to put aside for the next 21 days:
RULES OF THUMB:
Eat lots of vegetables, high-quality protein, and healthy fats. Fill your fridge with:
- Organic eggs
- Dark chocolate
- Sweet potato
- Collard greens
- Pumpkin seeds
NOTE: If you are allergic to any of these foods, be sure to skip them.
RULES OF THUMBS DOWN:
Skipping these foods will help you reduce inflammation. Do your best to minimize them in your diet.
- Animal milks and dairy (Grass-fed, organic butter is fine)
- Eggs (Organic eggs are fine)
- White or wheat flour, Pasta and bread, barley, rye, corn, corn products
- Oranges and orange juice
- Tomatoes, eggplant, okra, bell peppers, potatoes (Sweet potatoes are okay)
- Peanuts/peanut butter
- MSG, alcohol, trans fats
- White and brown sugar, high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners
Don’t Forget To…
- Hydrate: We recommend drinking half your body weight in water daily. Sounds like a lot, right? If you need to work up to it, find a way to have at least eight glasses of water a day.
- Move: Every day. This doesn’t have to mean a half-marathon or two hours of Pilates. Do what makes your body feel good. When all else fails, walk. It’s great for you!
- Sleep: We can’t stress this enough – in order to minimize your stress! Sleep. Helps. Make getting eight hours a priority.
We know coordinating all of the above around your lifestyle (work, kids, travel, etc.) can be its own challenge, but it’s worth it! We’ll be here with advice, tips, and Tē to keep you motivated.
With love (and collagen),