5 Tips To Remix Your Health
By: Sandy Blumberg, ACE certified trainer
1) Try a new activities regularly. There are many ways to make fitness a part of your weekly routine, from various types of gyms, in-person classes to online communities, but many people do the same type of workout over and over for long periods of time. The more you repeat movements the more your body will adjust and become used to them, potentially offering you less benefit. Even if you love to run, try a spin class or use a rower a few times a month just to mix it up and allow your body to benefit from different movements.
2) Eat the majority of your calories, don’t drink them. While the best beverage choice is water, and it’s recommended to drink eight 8oz glasses of water per day, the reality is that many people don’t enjoy drinking water with so many beverage choices available to us. However most people get more than enough calories in a day from the food we eat so adding more calories from dressed up coffees, sugary sodas and other beverage will increase the risk of gaining weight and making our diets more unhealthy. Low and no calorie beverages without chemicals will satiate you and keep you hydrated better.
3) Increase your collagen intake. As we age our bodies naturally produce less collagen. Experts suggest that most people should start taking daily collagen supplements in their early 20’s to prevent signs of aging and for most people 2.5 to 15 grams per day is a helpful amount. Obviously SkinTē is a great option for this offering 3 grams per can.
4) Make your fitness social. Even if you like to workout solo you can make your workout time into a social experience and ensure it’s positive for you. You can meet a friend to workout at the same time to motivate each other. Another option is to plan a hang out before or after you exercise to give you that inventive to have something fun with friends to do as your reward for putting attention to your health.
5) Do something that makes you happy everyday. While this may seem like a no brainer, many people forget this with the stress and hustle of every day life. Putting just a little bit of focus on ensuring that every single day, no matter how busy you are, you find a few minutes to do something that makes you feel good & makes you smile, will greatly increase your mood and get you in the habit of remembering that life is about enjoyment!